[CAUT] "Cross papering" - was; pictures of new key weighting pattern

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Jan 8 11:35:44 MST 2008

Also called "cross papering". A very useful technique not very well known.

I think Barbara is referring to seeing 2 or 3 full length strips on one side of the flange and 4 or 5 on the other. An excellent "Steinway School" tech I know sees nothing wrong with it and says it "saves you from having to take the screw all the way out, thus avoiding the possibility of stripping treads by improper screw insertion".  While I would never do this, is there anything really wrong with it, other than we've all been taught not to do it??

Jim Busby BYU