[CAUT] Mikhail Pletnev

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Jan 8 13:21:11 MST 2008

Hi John, Eric

Thanks both of you for the thoughts.  Btw... "takk for sist" as we say
over here John !  I have used shimming paper strips in the fashion you
describe.  Should have thought to recommend this to the fellows who
called me about this last nite.  That would lighten up the touch a tad
for sure.

Eric... I think you may be on to what this fellow did.  Tho the producer
seems to remember the felt being green and somewhat thick. The only
place I could think of putting any felt strip thicker then 1 mm or so
would be over the rest cushions... but I suppose you could even get away
with 2 mm thick piece under the keys as you suggest.  I'll have to try
this out on a couple pianists just to see what they think.  Thanks for
the input.

Cheers, to the both of you

RicB