[CAUT] jansen bench

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 25 23:05:41 MST 2008

List,

Just a nice story:   a customer calls and says his bench (20 year old Jansen) won't move up or down.   At the appointment, I notice the large nuts the "drive-shaft" goes through have "un-welded" from their channels.   His email had not been answered yet...I got out my Palm and found Paul L. Jansen's 1-800 # and called.   I was put through to Bill, who said he hadn't seen that happen before, but to ship it out and they would rebuild the bench and ship it back, no charge.   We couldn't get the legs off for shipping because the housing was down into the bench...Bill, said to saw of the legs and they would replace them.   I think my customer couldn't bear sawing off the legs, though and is shipping it as it is...;-]

Now that's what I call customer service...

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044