[CAUT] install bridge pins?

Mark Cramer cramer at brandonu.ca
Mon Apr 20 19:36:47 PDT 2009

David, one more question. and a couple comments below, s.v.p.

I don't do the epoxy method anymore either.

Why CA?

Do you feel it penetrates as well, or better than saturating epoxy? I've
tried adding a dye tracer to CA to track its penetration, but if I recall,
it made the CA cure before it could penetrate.

Can you make a guess, or share an observation on how deep it penetrates into
the wall of the bridge pin holes? At least .010" I gather, if you're
up-sizing the hole afterward?

When we have a minute, maybe I'll do a sample piece of cap-stock, then
re-saw it and have a look inside.

Does it have a similar indifference to moisture as epoxy?

No problem with breaking bits when re-sizing?

cleaning the old dag off with denatured alcohol

Thanks for that tip!

Resurfacing the bridge, repining and recutting the notches is an essential
part of any quality rebuilding job, in my view.

Agreed, along with service to the capo and agraffes.

Best regards,

Mark Cramer, RPT

Brandon University