[CAUT] install bridge pins?

Mark Cramer cramer at brandonu.ca
Tue Apr 21 12:03:52 PDT 2009

Yeah, that's what I'm chewing on at the moment Jim. I'm drilling a new cap,
and have pretty much decided to drive the pins "dry" on this one, followed
by a drop of CA at each pin.

A year or so ago I did a test to see whether CA, or epoxy (via a heated
bridge-pin) penetrated the bridge cap better. After drying, I pulled the
pins then sliced through the holes on a table saw. For the life of me, I
can't remember the winner!?

I did this at the Banff shop, so maybe Bert can help out. I've really got to
look into those memory enhancing drinks!

Any case, Ron Nossaman's suggestion was/is  that only the surface matters,
so the depth (both went several mm) issue would be a moot point.

When a valid idea comes along, I think it's important to get some examples
in place in a hurry, after all it takes a few years of seasonal cycling
before any kind of responsible conclusions can be made.

Mark

  _____