[CAUT] Seiler Flexing

Richard Murphy rmurphy at siue.edu
Sat Apr 25 06:54:04 PDT 2009

Hi All,
    I service a Seiler Grand 9' at a neighboring college and yesterday they
put it on a piano truck because the large brass wheels were marking up the
newly installed hard wood flooring.  The piano has always been quite nice
and fills the room well, an "A" frame sanctuary.  After they put the piano
on the truck, I went in to tune it as I tune this piano about every other
week,mostly just small touch ups and a unison here and there.  Two things
were very different now.  First, the music desk slide out easily, it used to
be as tight fit, and the back length of A3 was now touching the plate and
buzzing.  I weaved felt through the strings in that area to stop the
buzzing, but I'm concerned about the piano flexing on this truck.  Is that
possible?  Could it keep flexing more?  Any one have a similar situation?
Thanks,
Richard J. Murphy
SIUE