[CAUT] Missing Key

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Aug 25 10:42:57 MDT 2009

Ditto John.

My brother bought a grand with a missing key. He brought the adjacent keys to me to see what I could do... I didn't have any sugar pine, but thought I'd make one (SUPPOSED to be temporary, until I could get the right wood!) out of a seasoned 2X4. I selected a piece with the right grain, straight, etc. Well....... That was 2 years ago and no one can tell which key it was by just playing. I'm NOT advocating this (2X4!), but it just seemed funny to me. My brother is a good player and laughs that I had him a new key in less than an hour. He refuses to let me re-do it.  Go figure.

Jim