[CAUT] Music desk supports

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Jan 3 13:12:01 PST 2009

>At the Cape Cod Conservatory, some desks slide with difficulty
>in the Summer while in the Winter they fall between the glides.
>I've been thinking of installing 1" square rails beneath the glide rails
>to add support to the desks in the dry heating season.

Here's the results. The rack measures 11 mm shorter than the width of the case.
I'll remeasure mid-Summer. I replaced the broken treble glide rail
and installed
a pair of support rails. Also replaced the felt on the desk ends with
black Ecsaine
from P-tek. I covered the pine supports with it too.  My initial
thought was for
mahogany but in execution opted for economy and ease.

I need to make a pair for a Long A in another room.
--

Regards,

Jon Page