[CAUT] HVAC information - Data Loggers

Roger Wheelock roger at dampp-chaser.com
Tue Jan 6 08:41:50 PST 2009

Hello Don and List,

While I would be the first to say these data loggers are certainly
affordable and easy to use, their accuracy can be highly variable.  We have
found that manufactures of data loggers often "inflate" their relative
humidity accuracy specification and do not discuss instrument drift with
time.

It seems fairly ironic having an instrument that reads to 0.1% RH when the
accuracy specification is +/- 3% (Model TW-USB-2) or +/- 4.5% (Model
TW-USB-RT).  We recommend investing in a data logger that has +/- 2%
accuracy or better, and then have it calibrated annually.  This Dickson
model has been a workhorse for us over the years.
http://www.dicksondata.com/product/model_TP125.php

Roger