[CAUT] NASM/NASD inspections

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Jan 29 15:12:36 PST 2009

Hi All,

We are having the NASM/NASD accredidation "inspections" in a couple weeks.
 What have you all found that they "inspect" on the piano end of it?  Our
building is going haywire on humidity(dangerously dry!) and I'm finding
that pianos I just tuned a few weeks ago are wildly wacky and can in no
way tune them all...!  Do they inspect practice pianos....or should I only
dust them off and make sure the faculty and performance pianos are the
ones up to snuff?  How about the harpsichords and forte pianos?  (they
only stay in tune for a couple of days anyway...)?????????????????

Thanks for the input.  I've never gone through this before..

Paul T. Williams RPT
UNL School of Music