[CAUT] Claudio Di Veroli & Equal Temperament

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 30 09:22:36 PST 2009

David,
I do agree with that as well.  However, it seems that it is the tuners who are making it their business of selling the historical temperaments, rather than the customers requesting them because of their knowledge and expertise.  I think it is a bad precedent for the tuners to have to sell particular temperaments to musicians who have doctorates in their field if they don't know they need it.  It sets us up for becoming the experts at this temperament appropriateness selection process.

There is very little time spent on temperament in collegiate music education.  Apparently, music academia doesn't see it as a high priority.

Jeff
  o----- Original Message -----