[CAUT] NASM/NASD inspections

Shelley srbanders at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 30 10:14:05 PST 2009

My story at North Park University is much the same as Israel's.  We were put
on probation in 1998, and it was at that time they 'popped' for Dampp Chaser
systems in all of the studio's. We have also gotten grants (Wurlitzer
Foundation and private) for improvements for all of the Steinway's and have
replaced all of the actions over the last 8 years. We have restrung several
with new pin blocks. That seemed to do the trick.  We are only just now
investing in some new practice room pianos (Heinzmans, which the students
love.)  Cant blame em.  The other options are 1950 Wurlitzers and Everett
and Baldwin Hmltons all old and awful.  Oh yeah and there is a Steinway 40
(oh joy).
My poor assistants!!

Anyway, no problem with that accreditation, relax.  It just might be some
impetus to get some repair money!

Shelley Byrd Anderson
North Park University
Chicago