[CAUT] pianotech live in Grand Rapids

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 19:03:22 MDT 2009

As you are making your institute class choices for next week in Grand
Rapids, please consider pianotech live, Saturday 2nd period.

The pianotech meeting at the convention has always been an opportunity
to see in person some of those we know only online.

We are beginning to also see pianotech live as an opportunity to
explore subjects suggested online.

I asked David Andersen if he would be interested in putting on a
tuning concert, to demonstrate some of the discussions we had online
about pure octaves and whole sound tuning. He accepted! I think David
is one of the few people who can make piano tuning an interesting
spectator event.

After David's tuning, I will break out the OnlyPure ETD software and
we will compare, contrast, play, listen, and see what we can learn as
time allows. I will try to demonstrate the "canceling" of beat rates
in chords that happens as a part of the 'PureTuner effect.

The formal class will be over at noon, but as befits a pianotech
session, I have arranged for us to have the room for an additional
hour. Please bring snacks, if you like, and we will continue for those
interested until 1 PM.

See you next week,

Kent Swafford