[CAUT] Wandering Hammers

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 10 08:54:09 MDT 2009

Thanks, Marcel.

br
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcel Carey" <mcpianos at hotmail.com>
To: caut at ptg.org
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 9:20:55 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Wandering Hammers

I've seen this happen a few times when the height of the new flanges is smaller than the originals or the washers are thinner. The screw is bottoming in the rail. You can either redrill deeper or add another layer of sandpaper or another washer. The washer moght be the fastest easiest solution since adding more sandpaper over the rail will affect the action spread.

Marcel Carey