[CAUT] weikert hammers

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Jul 13 18:16:01 MDT 2009

David,

Wow. The "new" hammers I mentioned are somewhat the same shape as these. Supposedly they are making hammers the way (more or less) that they did back when these (your pic) was made, and many companies were doing it much the same way. Then WWII came and many factories didn't survive. This one did. That's part of the story. I'd really be interested in how these (yours) sound. Maybe they did "have it right" back then.  I certainly like the way this new generation of Weikert felt hammers sound.

Jim Busby