[CAUT] Interstate movers?

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Tue Jul 14 16:53:00 MDT 2009

Paul,
Give Lowell from Green Mountain Moving a call.
Gerry C

To: caut at ptg.org
From: pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:48:34 -0500
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Interstate movers?

OK.  Here's the latest rub about
walter.

They quoted a move costing $495.  Not
bad.  They will not deliver to a residence.  This man has a business
in his home shop.  They say they can only hire a local piano mover
to take the thing off the truck and put it in the shop.  I just get
another quote saying the total is now $795 with the added piano mover!!
 Really?,...$300 to take a 200 lb harpsichord off a truck and into
a shop???  Why do you all like this company?  I think I'll go
with Keyboard Carriage.  At least they're up front!  Are they
for real?  i wonder why they can't just unload the thing.  Two
people could carry the thing!  I might even just drive it there after
all!  A truck rental, gas, and 2 nights in a Comfort Inn would be
less!!

Paul

"Jeff Tanner"
<tannertuner at bellsouth.net>

Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
07/09/2009 10:57 PM

Please respond to

caut at ptg.org

<caut at ptg.org>

cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] Interstate movers?

I second the recommendation for Charles Walter
movers. Their equipment is the best I've seen and their pricing is well
below Keyboard Carriage. The last several orders I've placed with Samick
were shipped by Walter.

Jeff Tanner