[CAUT] large flat-head screws, was: Wandering Hammers

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Wed Jul 15 04:31:28 MDT 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 10:23 AM, Susan Kline wrote:

> I need some of the large size fasteners for an old Gulbransen grand
> missing a leg screw and a lyre screw -- and I think two of the
> screws on there may be mis-sized replacements.

	A temporary source I have availed myself of (sometimes permanently)
is the screws fastening the keybed to the rim. You can usually remove
one or two without any danger of something going wrong, and quite
often they are just right for a leg or lyre. (Those screws often go
missing during a move, and having the right screw in the leg or lyre
is more important than redundancy on the keybed).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu