[CAUT] Vertical hammer installation

Dan Rembold d_rembold at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 19:43:23 MDT 2009

Fred et al,
Thanks for the input.  I ended up rehanging the bass section with new shanks, which worked out well.
I think the original problem came about because the first trials I set for the bass section were not right.  The second time I installed them in the piano, which of course helped.
The Abel hammers have a great sound, by the way.  The customer was very pleased with the improvement.
Dan Rembold
Auburn University