[CAUT] monkey hanger

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Jul 30 15:03:47 MDT 2009

On Jul 30, 2009, at 1:39 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

> David Ilvedson wrote:
>> I just got a quote from David Kirkland...$173 +
>> shipping...I'm pretty sure I can do it myself.   I'll the
>> soldering iron first to see if it can get it hot enough,
>> but I bet I'll need the torch...
>
> Just use the torch in the first place and save some time. I find the
> 95/5 leadless solder used in sweating copper pipes is more friendly
> and forgiving than either 50/50, or 60/40.
> Ron N

	And, for that matter, you can usually get away with flux and the
solder that is already there. I seem to remember that's what happened
the couple times I did it (had the solder out, but didn't need it). I
agree about the torch - not a real high-powered one, just a small
flame (I have a tank and a tip my wife used to use for silver
soldering piece work for jewelers).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu
"I am only interested in music that is better than it can be played."
Schnabel