[CAUT] monkey hanger

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 16:06:33 MDT 2009

I have one of those 500watt Weller soldering irons that was left over from
my electronic building days and the one rod I fixed was in Mr Erwins shop.
Strangely, he had the same Weller I have.

Fred, That is the best description of soldering I have seen from a piano
tech. Heat the metal. Beautiful. Logically then, the larger piece of metal
will require the majority of the heat to reach the temperature needed to
melt the solder. I like using a rosen core electric solder because sometimes
you do need flux and it comes in the solder. The size of the solder is small
too so you don't cool the joint when you add solder. Cold joints crack.

Keith Roberts