[CAUT] monkey hanger

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Fri Jul 31 11:39:30 MDT 2009

Hi Jeff,
The smart alecky remark was uncalled for.
I apologies. (I did have a smiley)
The University situation is different, I just have a kind of subcontract
with the University I work for, and this is my 20th year, and only 40
pianos. So I use all my own tools, and have no work space at the University.
Then again, I don't do any major repairs, although I have done restringing,
and I did the repair on the monkey hanger here, as well.
I have a rural area I cover, and it pays me to have all the tools I need,
otherwise a 2 hour drive round trip. So the cost of the seldom used tools is
justified in my situation
Once again, full University work has different priorities.
I also have cannibalized from a seldom used piano to fix one that was
needed, and waited for the repair part to come.
Sorry about misreading the situation, I was in my independent tech mode,
rather than University.
You must have seen my shop, when you say not able to find a tool, that
happens more often than I would like, that is why I end up with doubles.
Buy new, find old.
Best regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.