[CAUT] wayward hammer return springs

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 27 09:35:29 PDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Joe And Penny Goss <imatunr at srvinet.com>wrote:

>  Mice
> Joe Goss RPT
> Mother Goose Tools
> imatunr at srvinet.com
> www.mothergoosetools.com

I find springs dislodged frequently on pianos that have been moved, long
distance whether by pros or amatuers. I've always assumed it was the
bouncing around in the truck.
When I find the same thing in a home piano, it may be weak springs but it
may also be vigorous playing or children pounding.
If they are just weak, I have using my spring tool pulled them up past the
point where they would normally be placed, stretching them, then replaced
them in their slot.

Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404