[CAUT] [pianotech] Tax help for John

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon May 4 16:23:24 PDT 2009

Woah, Susan,

No insurance?  Of any kind?  You're not really old enough for Medicare
already are you?  I just met you some 15 years ago.  (You might not
remember)  You're still a spring chick!

I agree with not including the client.  Just do it!  It's just too much
information for the customer, unless it's a "friend-type" of client, (of
which, I've had lots!)

Best,
Paul

Susan Kline <skline at peak.org>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
05/04/2009 05:48 PM
Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

keithspiano at gmail.com, caut at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] [pianotech] Tax help for John

Why should a client be involved at all? It seems like needless
confusion, with John and his family not knowing why some complete
stranger, not a technician, in a distant part of the country, is
giving him money. Are we that tax-phobic? I plan to just write a
check with "gift" in the bottom "for" line, and send it to his home
address.

I don't know John's health insurance situation. It certainly makes
someone uninsured (like me) think about things. 2 years to go before
Medicare age. I hope he has some coverage.

Susan Kline