[CAUT] pin-block plugging?

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue May 5 06:07:09 PDT 2009

All,

All this talk of plugging has me questioning (maybe this had been addressed) why not replace the block? Or do a "partial replacement"? Is the original question about doing this to avoid destringing? And what about "partial replacements"? If more than a few hole are bad does this not question the entire block, or at least a section?

I didn't believe in "partial replacements" until I met a few people who do this regularly and found that it is quite easy to do. While I prefer to do the whole block, (especially in grands) I've found this especially good/easy for uprights, where it is NOT as easy to do a whole block replacement. Rout out a hole, replace the nasty block section with new, epoxy it in... (not rocket science) Use the Nossaman Hovercraft to drill (piece of cake), done! Has this been discussed?

Jim Busby