[CAUT] Steinway serial numbers

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue May 5 07:32:25 PDT 2009

How about inside the action cavity on the side, or on the back of the
lyre, or under the keybed? or lyre braces?

Paul

"Elwood Doss" <edoss at utm.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
05/05/2009 09:26 AM
Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

<caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
[CAUT] Steinway serial numbers

We have an older Steinway that was rebuild a number of years ago and the
rebuilder didn’t stamp the serial # on the plate (Grrrrrrrrrr!).  I’ve
looked on the action frame, the key slip, and everywhere except the legs
(I’m not that desperate to find it).  Where would the serial # be found? I
left my Steinway Manual at home.  Thanks for the help.
Joy!
Elwood

Rev. Elwood Doss, Jr., M. M. E., RPT
Piano Technician/Technical Director