[CAUT] Kohler & Chase

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 6 16:35:06 PDT 2009

Something I've not run into before...Kohler & Chase upright, #77139.   Some sluggish hammers...found it was missing the hammer return spring.   I looked some more and discovered no hammer return springs?   Looked some more and realized the hammer return spring rail was metal and pivoted.   A slider on the bass cheek block could move the springs against the hammer butts in different degrees...i.e. change the touch.   The springs were straight medal wire with no curved end as usual.   Pretty cool...
David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044