[CAUT] Accujust and grunting fish bait

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri May 8 04:39:34 PDT 2009

Jeff Tanner wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Nossaman" <rnossaman at cox.net>
>> How long does it take?
>> Ron N
>
> Surely you see my point without the sarcasm?
> Jeff

It's a legitimate question, which deserves an honest answer.
Either you've done something along the way to validate your
idea, or it's totally unsubstantiated speculation. I see Davis
Love already asked my next question, being have you driven
hitches in somewhat and changed or eliminated the presumed
resonance problem?

Some of the fundamental problems with your speculation are:

Every Baldwin with vertical hitches you've ever tuned has this
noise. There are at least four models of varying lengths that
have vertical hitches. Being of different sizes, their plates
aren't going to resonate the same.

Retrofits of vertical hitches haven't, to my knowledge, shown
this phenomenon. If it's the hitches, they should.

You have apparently done nothing to attempt to isolate the
cause of what you're hearing in Baldwins, assuming it to be
the vertical hitches.

So if the effect depends on the length of the hitch, what are
the parameters that generate the effect?
Ron N