[CAUT] Baldwin Termination Bars

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sun May 10 10:13:36 MDT 2009

>It looks like the duplex length has been cut down from from about
>43-46 mm, depending on the type, to about 10 mm. Does the segment
>between the half-round and the front string rest still contribute to
>noise or is it no longer a direct function of the speaking length?

Seems to me, metal terminations, right next to the speaking length --
even though very short, it would add to the envelope. That's quite
nifty, in fact -- not just shortening the long front duplex, but
getting two for the price of one -- a very short one and a medium
long one. Too bad it's such a long way to Kansas -- one would enjoy
listening to hear what Ron got.

Susan Kline