[CAUT] Semantics

wbis290 wbis290 at aol.com
Sun May 10 15:34:55 PDT 2009

Hi Gary,

I think that at some point this whole discussion has become one of being unbelievable. I have been an RPT for thirty nine years and have seen things like this the whole time that I have been a member. There are times when people seem to get too technical and over state things. Sometimes it is from a good amount of knowledge and sometimes I think that it is just talk to hear one's self. We had a member of the Guild who makes soundboards give our chapter a talk on the science of soundboards. This gentleman was invited to go in with Baldwin on studies of the soundboard. After much research, it was discovered that the science of soundboards was mostly guess work. What looked good in theory and research was always thwarted by the fact that each individual piece of wood reacted differently than what was expected. In short too many people are trying to reinvent something that has worked great for years regardless of what terms are used.

God bless

Bill Balmer, RPT
University of Findlay and Ohio Northern University