[CAUT] Accujust and grunting fish bait

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon May 11 14:07:09 MDT 2009

OK. I'm not trying to be a pain here so please bear with me as I wrestle
with the correct terminology (I do get the mechanics).  If we hammer on a
string that is not connected to a soundboard we hardly hear it.  When we do
couple it to a soundboard the energy output can actually damage our hearing.
How is that reconciled with either no new energy is created or the output of
energy is not increased when we consider sound as a form of energy.  Isn't
there such a thing as a mechanical amplifier?

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com