[CAUT] new front pins

Mike Morvan keymaestro at verizon.net
Tue May 12 17:43:55 MDT 2009

Fred,
    What circumstance has you replacing a front rail pin with a smaller
"shank" or core diameter than the original? Usually it is the other way
around, requiring the technician to enlarge the hole slightly for
replacement pins.  Are you trying to put in the new M&H anodized pins? If
that's the case, I spoke with Bruce Clark at the Mid-Atlantic Conference and
he stated that they would be providing nylon bushings to tap into the
keyframe and then the technician would tap the pins into an undersize hole
in the nylon for a press fit.   Mike

BLACKSTONE VALLEY PIANO
Michael A. Morvan
76 Sutton Street