[CAUT] Semantics

Draine draine at me.com
Thu May 14 09:08:30 MDT 2009

All this dancing around in circles in regard to physics, acoustics,
and piano technicians, has finally got me ready to order the following
book:
<http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-Musical-Acoustics-Second-Revised/dp/048626484X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242312665&sr=1-1
 >.
Benade was a physics prof back when I was a young undergraduate at
CWRU (long ago). I neglected to take his class on music and acoustics,
but it and his book came highly recommended by many people.
I'm sure there are other accurate and highly readable books others
could suggest.
It certainly appears that members our community ought to review at
least the basic principals taught in a high school physics class, if
they are not already part of our regular mental toolkit. Perhaps a
special unit for the CAUT-E endorsement that has been put forward for
Council's consideration?
Patrick Draine