[CAUT] Ideal humidity levels

Zeno Wood zeno.wood at gmail.com
Fri May 15 11:26:30 MDT 2009

This thread about ideal RH levels has been very useful.  I just came from an
architect's presentation of our new performing arts building which is slated
for opening in Fall 2012.  Initially I had heard them talking about a
35%-65% RH window, but today when I asked about it, they said it will be
50%, plus or minus 5%!  Also, no windows that open.  I'm emailing the
architects for more info, which I'll share with you all, assuming it makes
any sense (The architect warned me it'll be very tech heavy and "geeky", but
he would try to help me make sense of it).

Other non-RH related detail: Pianos (9') will be able to go anywhere in the
building, via double doors, wide-enough corridors, sufficient turning
radius, and a freight elevator with two doors.  As it is now, pianos are
stuck wherever they happen to be.

Regards,
Zeno Wood
Brooklyn College