[CAUT] nomenclature

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri May 15 15:23:56 MDT 2009

Great!

felts or pads?  the customer says...

pw

A440A at aol.com
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
05/15/2009 04:17 PM
Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] nomenclature

Ron writes:

<< If technically inaccurate and misleading but   widely used nomenclature
is defended so vigorously on a   technical list, why don't we call tuning
pins pegs (or do   we?)? Pretty much everyone else out there does, and
it's not   an inaccurate description. >>

Hmm,
   Strings or wires, whippen or wippen, repetition or balancier, top or
lid,  harp or plate, wrestplank or pinblock or pegboard, keys or
keysticks, ????

    I love this job!

Ed Foote RPT

An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in
Just 2 Easy Steps!
(
http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823239x1201398650/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=MayExcfooter51509NO62
)