[CAUT] Yamaha "hybrid" piano II

Elwood Doss edoss at utm.edu
Tue May 19 20:55:31 MDT 2009

Can it be rebuilt?  Can I tell a customer her great grandchildren may
very well play on it?  How many decades will the speaker cones last?  In
40 years can you buy parts for it...processor board, for example?  We
purchased some Baldwin Pianovelles for our piano lab about 9 years ago.
The processor board on one of them failed and we had to throw the thing
away.  We couldn't get parts.

$20,000?  I'm sure some suckers will fall for it.  It, too, will be a
"throwaway" like the vast majority of electronic keyboards are these
days.

Joy!

Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr., M.M.E., RPT