[CAUT] Yamaha "hybrid" piano

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Wed May 20 07:48:49 MDT 2009

Bunch of ponderisms :

What's their interpretation of "replication of an actual acoustic piano" in in real practice.

How adjustable is/are the mechanics.

What about voicing toward the artist's demands?

How can a  (fill in the size) speaker/soundboard Hybrid duplicate a 9' soundboard surface area?

What about freq. crossover?

Still will be worth watching and seeing.

Perhaps there has been some input from the gang at MIT labs. (doubtful) I'll have to send up a few emails and let y'all know.

As with all new technology The jurys' still out.

Gerry C