[CAUT] glue/hammers

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Nov 3 15:50:55 MST 2009

Hi,

It’s not so much how to get them off, it’s the residue (glue collar, etc.) left behind with the moulding glue. Nothing beats good hide glue here; heat, wipe away.

You REALLY should try Jurgen’s pliers. They are so easy to use and they don’t damage shank or hammer. Like you, I don’t reuse hammers, but I know a fellow here that sells used Steinway hammers on EBay for pretty good money! I think he’s sold about 10 sets for about $50.00 each. Go figure.

Best,
Jim