[CAUT] practice rail

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Nov 5 11:42:38 MST 2009

Fred Sturm wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>     Thanks for the detailed instructions. What do you use the short
> length of 1/8"x3/4" material for? The cable bracket?

Yes.

>Are choke cables
> still readily available? It's been decades now since I had a car with a
> manual choke.

Can't say for sure. It's been quite a while since I installed
one. Phone an auto parts house or two and find out. Lawnmowers
still use them too.

> What do you use to glue the felt to
> the aluminum?

What do you use to glue felt to piano plates?

>     As I've been thinking about this, the Steinway upright I am facing
> probably has the extra thick pressure bar. Maybe a rod that swings won't
> work because it can't clear the pressure bar.

I hadn't thought of that. You mean some of those *things* are
still out there? I haven't had to deal with one for so long, I
don't think much of them anymore... <G>

Ron N