[CAUT] practice rail

dew2 at u.washington.edu dew2 at u.washington.edu
Thu Nov 5 09:36:47 MST 2009

I installed a Quiet-Keys rail in a Charles Walter studio in 1998. I admit to being skeptical at the start, but when I was done, it seemed to work pretty well. I've even serviced the piano a couple of times since, and it still works. It did take a bit of thought to get it all to work as well as I wanted, but not a bad job. The one thing I don't know is how much they actually use it. But I think I'd do it again in the sort of situation you describe.

Doug