[CAUT] practice rail

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Nov 5 14:04:05 MST 2009

Fred Sturm wrote:
  >     Interesting observation: it takes less words to
actually answer the
> question than to be, well, snippy <G>. Why bother, if you aren't going
> to answer? If I hadn't wanted to know what you use for the purpose, I
> wouldn't have asked.

It's a superfluous question. You use your adhesive of choice
for gluing felt to non porous surfaces. I most likely used
PVCE, I  but you likely won't - just to be difficult.

>     Felt to plates is a different thing: first, it's felt to paint (not
> bare metal). Second, it is usually just being tacked, and is actually
> held in place by the strings. Third, for plate felt I don't want the
> glue to penetrate the felt much for a number of reasons. With a muffler
> rail, all I care is that it holds on, but I do care that it holds on
> reliably.
>     But, hey, if you don't have an answer, don't bother to respond <G>.
>     My answer to your question is spray adhesive. Sprayed on the felt.
> So far I've liked that better than other things I've tried.

See? The question was superfluous, because you already knew
what you would use. And you used a whole lot of words up on it.
Ron N