[CAUT] A440, once again...

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Nov 9 22:06:52 MST 2009

All,

Once again there is a push here at BYU to set A442 as our pitch standard. The Director of the School of Music is behind it, and is also the Philharmonic Orch conductor. The problem I see is that most guest artists specify A440. Sooooo… if someone visits we’ll have to drop down, then back up, back down, up, down… I’m getting dizzy just thinking about it.

Any strong arguments against? Or am I just “bein’ contrary” as