[CAUT] boston comments - guilt

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 17 12:29:58 MST 2009

Jeannie,
I'm a dealer. Pianos come in in all sorts of degrees of readiness. I've had
some come in needing only a good tuning and calming down the rep lever
springs, and one which needed a complete restart on everything from keydip
on up.  I NEVER will deliver a piano that soon out of the crate. I tweak
EVERY grand action before I sell it. Had the dealer let you demonstrate the
piano's needs at the store....  No... check that. If the dealer knew
anything at all about pianos, he wouldn't argue with you.

I believe all dealers should be well trained techs. I believe all
manufacturers should require it.
Tanner