[CAUT] Shellac Voicing

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Mon Nov 23 14:56:15 MST 2009

When I got with the customer he was complaining that his Sauter did
not sound like his Kawai.  We had a discussion and I demonstrated a
shoe-shine with 1500 grit paper.  He seems to be satisfied with the
change in tone and to understand that sounding like a Kawai, in this
particular case, would be a huge step backwards...  I don't like
"contaminating" good hammers if I don't have to...

What I will have to do is some shift pedal voicing.  How do you like
to mark string position on hammers?  What kind of stitching do you
like to do between the string marks in the shift position?

Andrew Anderson