[CAUT] Jeanie's brain storm - was Boston changed to dealers...

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 23 18:19:51 MST 2009

Hi Rex,

I do believe such information has been given.  Certainly Yamaha's 37 Steps
is one example.  I believe Kawai has a checklist also.  That doesn't seem to
be the problem.  And there are plenty of technicians who know what to do.

What I was referring to are dealers, and indirectly manufacturers, who take
the cheap way out by hiring unskilled and new technicians to do such work,
who have had little or no training simply because they are willing to do it.
If the manufacturers aren't stepping up and saying they expect the pianos to
be prepped in a certain way, the dealers aren't going to spend the money to
pay a qualified technician to do it.

I realize that most of what I have been saying is wishful dreaming, but
wouldn't it be great if we were actually respected and appreciated for the
work we do and if we were actually allowed to do it?

jeannie

  _____