[CAUT] Jeanie's brain storm - was Boston changed to dealers...

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Mon Nov 23 19:18:09 MST 2009

I'm not seriously suggesting we can apply this to PGT at this time, but in a
orld where pianos are more important than they are.....what a great way to
ncrease skills, event attendance, and importance to the "RPT" title.
Mark Wisner

Mark

While it would be great for all technicians to become an RPT, a lot of them won't because it is not required to work for the public, much less for dealers. But, again, this is where the manufactures can be the driving force behind the movement to get more technicians to become an RPT. Just as there is a marketing effort on the part of the PTG to encourage universities to hire RPT's, manufactures can do their part by encouraging dealers to hire RPT's.  If the manufactures don't require it, much less encourage it, for the most part the dealers are not going to look for them, especially if it means saving a few bucks on servicing the instruments, either in their prep, or out in the field.

Wim