[CAUT] Jeanie's brain storm - was Boston changed to dealers...

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 24 18:46:48 MST 2009

>From what I've heard of the Steinway seminars, I don't think that's just a kiss from the marketing department. You don't even get in the last (concert prep) seminar unless you've been approved by the trainer, who's a C&A tech.

Don't know about the Little Red Schoolhouse or the new SMC training.
Tanner

  I agree with just about everything you say. What nobody has said is that the so-called factory training, by which one can claim to be a given manufacturer's technician is nothing more than a kiss from the marketing department. If manufacturers were really concerned (and smart), they would find the best techs wherever they are, and invite them to free technical training. Yeah, it would cost an arm and a leg, but you'd have a bunch of good technicians out there talking about your piano in much more educated and qualified terms. Otherwise, it's simply short-sighted marketing, with the results we now have at the dealer level.