[CAUT] New flu info

Ward & Probst, Inc wardprobst at wardprobst.com
Thu Sep 24 17:28:42 MDT 2009

Jim et Ed,

Alcohol is a potential problem for celluloid tops (remember them?) and
sharps that have been French polished with shellac. Try an inconspicuous
spot and you will know for sure. The only problem with ivory is potentially
loosening the glue bond is applied too heavily or staining if the sharps are
finished with shellac.In most colleges you won't run into this problem but
there are a few older pianos in our care that we have seen the problem
others have described.
It's a beautiful day in N. Texas,
Dale Probst, RPT
Registered Piano Technician