[CAUT] Action Rail Flange Cloth

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Fri Sep 25 12:17:39 MDT 2009

This L I'm working on is in bad shape. I took the old hammer
  flanges off today and the cloth underneath literally disolved in my hands into
  dust. ?Has anyone used stringing braid cloth?

 I have, often.? However, I find that spraying the braiding cloth with something like photo-adhesive gives it a little tack to the rail, and keeps the fibers from fraying around the screw holes.? I only spray one side so the hammer flanges don't adhere so much, then put the sprayed side to the rail. Sandpaper always seemed too thick for Steinway rail's curvature.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT