[CAUT] When to restring...OT 1098's

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Aug 3 13:10:41 MDT 2010

Hi Fred,

Not that I'm going to dive into this nightmare, but do you do this with
1098's? (underfelt McLubing)?   Kent Webb suggested this, I tried it, and
IT WORKS!! It really made the tunings easier.  But back to the Sty M.....

I'm reminded now that I also replace understring felt and such when I
restring.  The nasty mid-section strip on the card-board type stuff,
though is a pain to replace!  Any hints on that?

Best,
Paul