[CAUT] Epoxy on board

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Aug 4 07:58:09 MDT 2010

I don't know if you intended this for me but I've been using System III
epoxy resin which is a low viscosity epoxy. You want it to penetrate some
into the wood or at least form a strong mechanical bond so it needs to go
over fresh wood.  There are other penetrating epoxy sealers that can be used
as well including those that are designed for rotting wood which are very
thin.  I've not used them but others do with apparent success.  Check Del's
article in the journal, though I don't recall the month and year it was
published.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com